skip navigation


By Nick Blaesser, 02/25/22, 11:15PM CST


Fargo's First And Only Lead Of The Night Came By The Game-Winning Goal In Overtime.

OMAHA, NE. - The Lancers hosted the Fargo Force tonight (2/25) for the first time since January 7th. The Lancers have been a perfect 5-0 in five games played against the Force this season, looking to make it six in a row. 

The Lancers put up a hot start with just 4:23 into the first period as Cam Mitchell found the back of the net for the eighth time this year.

Ethan Elias flicked the puck up to Mitchell who carried the puck in down low in the attacking zone. He was able to keep the play alive by feeding Vincent Salice below the goal line, who gave the puck right back to him in the right side face-off dot. 

Mitchell was able to net a backhanded shot over the glove hand of Fargo goaltender, Louden Hogg to take the early 1-0 lead. 

Just under ten minutes later, Fargo had the possession in their attacking zone and got the puck back to the blue line. Tanner Walos waited, before ripping a wrist shot through traffic that ricocheted off of JP Turner and found its way under the leg pad of Omaha goalie, Kevin Pasche, making it a 1-1 game. 

Just 60 seconds later, Omaha regained their one goal lead. 

Michael Cameron carried the puck from end-to-end before cutting back in the right side face-off circle. After searching for a passing lane, he found Tucker Shedd at the point, hit him with a pass, and Shedd banked a 58 foot wrist shot off a Force defenseman to take the 2-1 lead that the Lancers would take in to the first intermission. 

The second period only consisted of a single goal scored by Fargo. 

With nine minutes left in the period, German Yavash picked up a pass from Fargo Captain, Tyler Rollwagen from the corner and netted his seventh goal of the season, through traffic, to knot the game a two goals apiece. 

The 2-2 score carried both teams through the entire second half of the game, forcing overtime. 

The overtime period consisted of lots of back-and-forth play within the first two minutes, but then Fargo got more aggressive. 

After a reviewed goal came up negative for Fargo with 2:21 left in the overtime period, they wasted no time getting back into it. 

Just 28 seconds later, Kyle Smolen found Ryan Alexander in the neutral zone. Alexander then skated the puck into Fargo's attacking zone and rung a shot off both posts and in to score the game winner as the Force took the contest 3-2 in overtime. 

The Lancers still reside in fourth place in the western conference with a record of 22-13-4-2.

The Lancers will be back in action tomorrow, February 26th as they host the Fargo Force once again. Puck is set to drop at 6:05PM and that game can be caught on HockeyTV and Mixlr.