7300 Q St, Omaha, NE 68127
COVID – 19 Precautions and Policies at the Ralston Arena
• All events will be ticketed to limit and control the capacity in the Arena. Currently, we are in Phase 4, which allows up to 75% capacity in the Arena for events.
• Ticket Box Office Hours will be limited. We encourage all tickets to be purchased in advance through mobile tickets or Print-At-Home tickets.
• Will Call on event days will be limited, and we encourage all tickets to be emailed or sent to the patron before the event.
• Only two entrances will be open on event days. The Southeast Doors and the Northwest Doors will be open for all Lancer Home Games.
• Masks are MANDATORY.
• The Arena has a Clear Bag Policy.
o Only Clear Bags 12x12x6 or smaller will be allowed
o Small Wallet or Clutch Size Bags 4.5x6.5 or smaller allowed
o Only one bag per person
o Diaper Bags, Over-Sized Bags, Purses, Totes, etc. are not allowed
o There is no storage at the Arena for oversized bags not allowed in
o Bags are still subject to search
o Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
• All-Arena staff, vendors, and teams will be required to wear masks. Food and Beverage and Ticket Takers will also be required to wear gloves. All staff will have their temperature checked before entering the Arena and working their shift.
• We have taken enhanced health and safety measures to protect our venue guests. However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By entering the venue, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, and Venue disclaims any liability related thereto.
Per the guidance and recommendations set forth by the CDC and local health officials, we respectfully request that the following guests not attend events:
o Guests who are feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, and shortness of breath);
o Guests who have been diagnosed with, or believe to have contracted, COVID-19, unless no fever has been present for 72 hours (without the use of medicine) and 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared;
o Guests who have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days; and
o Guests who have traveled internationally in the past 14 days.